For Tenants


The following information will assist you in dealing with Burleigh Heads Real Estate and ensure a hassle free tenancy: 

Direct all enquiries to our Office on 07 5526 6646 


If you are interested in renting a property you must firstly complete the Tenancy Application and supply copies of identification. You can download an application form in PDF format from our website and return to us on fax 07 5526 6646 or scan and email to Alternatively you can mail or drop to 14 Arcadia Dr, Mermaid Waters QLD 4218. It is important that you sign the authorization enabling us to check your references.


It is in your own best interest to provide us with accurate information. If you provide inaccurate or false information to us your application will be given no further consideration. We will check your previous tenancy history as well as your employment status and income. 

If successful we will notify you straight away and arrange a suitable time to complete the Residential Tenancy Agreement and related documents. 

At the time you complete your lease we will require you to pay either by internet transfer, direct deposit, or bank cheque the following:- 

Rent: First two weeks rent in advance 

Bond: Equivalent to four weeks rent. 


Once all the necessary paperwork is signed and all monies are paid, we will be able to issue with keys to your property. 

Rental Payments 

Rent must be in advance at all times and payment received by us by the due date. You can pay by any of the following; 

1. Internet Transfer please make your payment to allow for any lag time due to inter-bank transfers. CBA customers can expect transfers to occur within 24 hours. Customers of other bank may experience a lag of up to 3 days before your payment reaches our Trust Account 

2. Direct Deposit. We will supply you with a Bank Deposit Book which you can use at any Commonwealth Branch. Just complete the deposit form and pay over the counter or use the Quick Deposit box located in most branches 

Property Condition Report 

This is a very important form when moving in. It has to be filled out by tenant and agent so we both agree to the condition of the property. Please return to us within 3 days of moving in. At the time of vacating, you will be required to complete an exit condition report that will compare with the ingoing condition report. 

Rental Bond

Your bond will be lodged with the Rental Tenancy Authority. A copy of the Lodgment Advice detailing your Bond Lodgment Reference Number will be sent to you. Upon vacating your property and provided the property is left in the same condition as when the Tenancy commenced and there are no other monies owing the bond will be refunded promptly to you by the RTA. 


Connection of all services such as electricity, gas and telephone is the tenant’s responsibility and your accounts must be finalized when you vacate. 

Who can reside in the property?

Only those applicants mentioned on your application and approved by the owner are allowed to reside on a permanent basis. If a new tenant wished to replace an existing tenant our offices must be informed in order to complete an application and complete required paperwork. 

Contents Insurance 

Please be aware that the Lessor's property insurance does not cover your personal belongings and it is in your interest to obtain contents insurance in case of damage or theft. 


Unless specifically approved on your lease, pets will not be allowed without prior approval. Please note that in unit complexes the Body Corporate By-Laws mostly do not allow pets without first being approved. 

Periodic Inspections 

We will carry out a routine inspection on your property within 3 - 4 months of your entry. After that first inspection we conduct routine inspections every 6 to 9 months. We will notify you formally using the RTA Form 9 and provide you with the statutory notice of any planned inspections. This is a good opportunity to point our any maintenance problems or other concerns you may have. If you are not present we will access the property with our spare keys. 


We hold a spare set of keys in the office. In the event of mishap we can assist during office hours. After hours our recommended locksmith can be contacted at a set fee. Locks may only be changed, after first obtaining permission from your Property Manager and then only on the strict understanding that you supply us with a spare set of keys. 

Water Charges 

The Residential Tenancy Agreement will outline the various fees and charges which will fall to the Tenant for payment. Please notify us promptly if you notice any leaking taps or fittings. 

Repairs and Maintenance 

Any urgent repair can be notified to us by phone on 55266646 during business hours. If you have access to the internet you can notify us "Online" on our web site by clicking on the Repair Request Form, simply complete the details and email to us. 

All repairs are attended to as promptly as possible, however, it is often necessary to obtain the Landlord’s approval and/or quotes before any work can commence, so unfortunately a delay is sometimes unavoidable. 

Only emergency repairs will be accepted verbally (a burst water service, a blocked or broken lavatory system, a serious roof leak, a gas leak etc). 

For after hours urgent repairs please refer to the trades people listed on your Residential Tenancy Agreement. 

Termination of the Tenancy Agreement 

The Residential Tenancy Agreement is a legal and binding contract, providing protection for both you and the Landlord. 

The Residential Tenancy Agreement can be terminated by you in the following ways: 

a) If you intend to vacate at the end of your Residential Tenancy Agreement you are required to give fourteen days written notice prior to the expiry of the fixed term of your Agreement. 

b) Once the fixed term has expired, you are at liberty to continue living at the property or to vacate. 

c) If however, unforeseen circumstance arise and you have to vacate prior to the expiration of your Residential Tenancy Agreement, please contact your Property Manager immediately and we will endeavour to find another suitable tenant. However, you will still be responsible for the rent until another suitable tenant is found, as well as the payment of a letting fee, an Agreement preparation fee and all advertising costs. 


Ensure that the property is cleaned properly and all maintenance work is done. You will be issued with a Cleaning Checklist when you hand in your Notice to Vacate, which will help you clean the property to the required standard. At a mutually agreed time we will inspect the property to ensure that it left to the required standard. Please be aware that you will be liable for additional costs if the Property Manager is required to conduct any additional inspections or if additional cleaning or maintenance is required. 

Further Information 

If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Property Management Department. 

Our Details
14 Arcadia Drive
Mermaid Waters QLD 4218
ph: 07 5526 6646
fax: 07 5526 6646
email: Rentals
email: Sales